Friday, August 20, 2010

Save Me From the Fires of 1000 Suns

Today.. a little ranting about Linkin Park. Recently they've released their new single, The Catalyst off their upcoming album A Thousand Suns. So the thing is, fans have mixed views about their new single, and how the album is gonna sound like. LP's transition from their Hybrid Theory era to Minutes to Midnight have been speculated by fans, and honestly most people hate it. They want the old LP back, with all their Hybrid glory, and make rebellious music like they used to. So whats my take on this, as a die hard Lp fan?


As I mentioned on my twitter page;
"Maybe its fangirlism talking, but I get pissed when ppl ta
lk crap about the new LP songs. They just dont get what they're trying to do~ Its what artistes do, evolve. Whats wrong with trying and experimenting with something fresh and new? And how could you expect them to make music like Hybrid Theory? Yes, Hybrid was brilliant, but they gotta move on. Maybe the new album isnt gonna be as brilliant as Hyrbid, but that doesnt mean theres less passion. I guess thats what sets them apart from other bands~ Either you love them, or you could STFU."


See, LP is both
artist and artiste. What I
mean is that they aren't just performers, but they're also you could say, practitioners of art. If you're an artist you can understand the need to change the comfort zone you're in. You want to experience different things, to evolve. It doesn't matter if other people like it or not, because its indulgent. Either you have the openness to love it, or you hate it for your own reasons. The thing that matters is that YOU love it, because its yours and you told your story. If that story could reach out to people, make them feel, make them understand, then you have gold. To compare LP as a musical performer to someone else, maybe they come off short as creating something as widely accepted and celebrated as Hybrid Theory. Some people might think they've lost their touch, and cant recreate that epicness, unlike some other performers who dont fail to release an equally good album.

In my opinion I think they CAN reproduce Hybrid Theory, but they DONT want to. What for? They arent the same people they were back then. They cant be going on about how the hate the world, or how people hate them~ I think the lyrics that they write now, about the issues of this world, are excellent. It gives people hope. And thats saying a lot, cuz I hate this world. I despise it. Hearing the lyrics gives me something to look forward tomorrow. Who are you to condemn them of giving people that? Anyway, these are my opinions only. Yeah I love them, but I also respect other people's opinions too. Imma fangirl, but I refuse to be one of those stupid annoying whores that love Twilight and Bieber and cant understand anything other than those 2 things.

I'm not a mus
ic or an art expert, but I do love LP and been loving them since One Step Closer, and I understand and appreciate what they're trying to do. So that being said, I'll be looking forward to A Thousand Suns that's coming out September 14th. As sure as hell I'll be buying it and you know I'll be loving it. ;D

2 comments:

  1. haha. kite ni mmg kipas sgt sgt susah mati LP dow. dorg yg lain tak layak! mempersoalkan knp music LP makin matang! moron! haha :DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. tu laa psl weyyh! hahaha
    tp aku xmo jd mcm peminat twilight sume.. mcm bodoh xmo terima comment org. if someone has a valid, real debate than i'd take them on, and i'll respect their opinions.

    but if they're just gonna say "fuck lp, their music sucks after hybrid! they cant make music they way they used to!!" Well then. To hell with you, For those people, I'll answer back they way you said it.. FUCK YOU ASSHOLES! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT TO BEGIN WITH! AS IF THEY'D WANNA MAKE THE SAME ALBUM OVER AGAIN, JACKASS! CRAWL UNDER A DAMN ROCK AND DIE! HUH! *lepas geram* X3

    ReplyDelete